Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Alpha Post

Well, I've been threatening to do this for awhile; now I have. I'm blogging. You may reasonably conclude the world needs another blogger like it needs another video involving law enforcement and sketchy characters, but no matter.

Maybe this is less about what the world needs (anyway, Dionne Warwick already touched on that back in the 60's), and more about what I need,  or maybe feel compelled to do. I mean, just because there is a lot of something, doesn't mean there isn't room for one more (look at infomercials).

Let me elaborate. Swim Against the Tide is about looking at the state of affairs through the prism that God has given us called the Bible. And as the tide of the world unquestionably flows stronger toward Gomorrah, we as Jesus followers must find ourselves continually swimming against it.

This blog is intended for Christians, so yes, I will be preaching to the choir. However, unbelievers viewing this are more than welcome.  Bearing that in mind, I don't intend to be "preachy" (whatever that means), nor do I plan on slathering on chapter and verse to support every perspective I adopt. Anyone with a rudimentary familiarity with the Bible will be able to be a Berean and check it out for themselves. What I do intend to do is to inject Biblical reality into societal issues. Although ultimately these are issues with eternal consequences; some humor, and even sarcasm, will  be forthcoming - because that's how I roll.

The world (specifically the United States), we live in may be "slicker" than ever, with all our wonderful gadgets and distractions, but it is also more ill-mannered and epicurean. No wonder God's creation does not speak to more people; their not listening (or looking). They're too busy with heads bent over their "smart" phones listening or watching something else. "Be still and know that I am God...", is a hard sell amidst the constant din most find themselves.

Upcoming posts will specifically address topics  alluded to here. Hopefully I'll find some kindred souls, and maybe a few amens.

Dan


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've been waiting for days for a new post. Like, I'm so disappointed, this guy obviously has no commitment whatsoever. UNSUBSCRIBE.

    ReplyDelete